AUP IThas expertise in different types of Digitisaton, Content Conversion and Digital Publishing solutions and services. We are market leader in providing innovative solutions and have successfully delivered many high volume, complex Digitisation projects. We have experience working with Libraries, Universities and Publishers across Australia. We have the capacity to run a conversion team capable of processing large volumes of work over 3 x 8 hour shifts per day.
Our lines of services include Digitisation, Digital Conversion, eBook solutions, XML based solutions and Typesetting and composition services.
Our capabilities include:
- Scanning and Digitization
- Handling high volume Digitization projects
- XML based content Solutions
- Content Conversion
- eBook Solutions including conversion and distribution to worldwide eBook stores
- Publishing Production
- Prepress Production
- Digital Publishing Solutions
BookEye Large Format
Scanning: We use a variety of scanners per project requirements. For bound and fragile books, we use BookEye Scanners. For books that can be destructed or for loose papers scanning, we use BookEye, Fujitsu or Kodak scanners. For transparencies, we use Nikon or EPSON scanners. For Microfilm, Microfiche scanning we use ScanPro scanners.
We use in-house applications like BatchScan, external software like Adobe Photoshop, Abby FineReader (for OCR), EPSILON (for XML) and have integrated our workflows with these applications to provide optimum results, quality products and faster production.
AUP IT works very closely with its clients’ to understand their strategies and to identify the purpose of futuristic approach to their digitised content. We provide a solution that is tailored and flexibly shaped toensure the highest results and optimum utilisation of the digitised products.
Our XML based Digitisation solution includes:
- Destructive/Non-destructive Scanning of hardcopy books
- Digitizing the content from scanned images into OCR text
- Creation of tables from scanned OCR text data
- Scanning and separating jpeg images
- Scanning of transparencies to capture hi-resolution images
- Creating XML DTD fitting all the different types of book
- Organizing the content into XML
- Tagging the content and appending appropriate metadata to content materials
- Import all XML into a digital asset management system that are searchable via the associated metadata
- Make the content searchable and categorized into appropriate content areas
- Export out each individual content in batches to be included in new eBooks or web site content
- Convert to ePub format to be sold into worldwide markets through e-book retailers
XML is the most accurate format of structured content. The XML layer turns data into valuable information and allows it to be delivered into web based content management, broken up and imported intelligently into many different formats, which can also be used to generate revenue.
Some of these formats are as follows:
- Web content that sits in a web content management system to be consumed through a web browser
- Course content to be imported into course learning platforms like Moodle
- Construction of eBooks to be sold through eBook stores such as Apple, Amazon Kindle, Google Books etc.
- Wholesale content deals to online content companies